Applying for a Private Pilot Licence
A Private Pilot Licence (PPL) allows you to fly as a Pilot-In-Command (PIC) or co-pilot of a Singapore-registered aircraft (not operated for hire and reward), for the aircraft types or groups as endorsed in your licence.
To obtain a PPL, you must
- be at least 17 years old;
- be able to speak and understand the English Language used for radio-telephony communications;
- meet at least Class 2 medical requirements;
- pass the theoretical knowledge examinations at the PPL level;
- complete an approved flight training programme that meets the minimum flying experience requirements; and
- pass the flight test.
The detailed requirements can be found in the Singapore Air Safety Publication (SASP) Part 1.
Application & Submission
Submit the application / renewal of your Private Pilot Licence via CAPELS.
Click here to register for the CAAS examination.
Click here for frequently asked questions on PPL.