Apply for a Commercial Pilot Licence
A Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL) allows you to fly as a Pilot-In-Command (PIC) of a single-crew aircraft or co-pilot of a multi-crew aircraft of a Singapore-registered aircraft for the aircraft types as endorsed in the licence – for the purpose of public transport and aerial work.
To obtain a CPL, you must
- be at least 18 years old;
- be able to speak and understand the English Language used for radio-telephony communications;
- meet the Class 1 medical requirements;
- pass the theoretical knowledge examinations at the CPL or ATPL level;
- complete an approved course of flight training that meets the minimum flying experience requirements; and
- pass the applicable flight test(s).
The detailed requirements can be found in the Singapore Air Safety Publication (SASP) Part 2.
Application & Submission
Submit the application / renewal of your Commercial Pilot Licence via CAPELS.
Click here to register for the CAAS examination.
Click here for frequently asked questions on CPL.