Embark on A Journey In Aviation at The Aviation Open House 2015
12 August 2015
The aviation community comes together to showcase the range of career and education opportunities available in the Singapore aviation industry
The fourth Aviation Open House (AOH), organised by the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS), will be held from 13 to 15 August 20151at the Suntec City Convention Centre. The biennial AOH provides a platform for the aviation community to reach out to youth, job seekers and the general public to showcase the career and education opportunities in the dynamic aviation industry.
This year’s theme for the AOH is “Embark on a Journey in Aviation”, an invitation for visitors to pursue an exciting and rewarding career or educational path in aviation. AOH 2015 will feature a variety of highlights, all with the intention of enabling visitors to discover aviation and its rewarding opportunities. These include:
- Central Showcase: The spotlight will be on the journeys of eight aviation professionals from the aerospace, air cargo, airline and airport sectors. Through life-sized displays, visitors can learn about these professionals’ inspiring stories and why they found their passion in aviation.
- Career Exhibition:Representatives from close to forty aviation companies will be present over the two days of AOH. Visitors can interact directly with them to find out about their companies and career opportunities, and what it takes to join their companies. Making its first appearance at the AOH is The MITRE Corporation2.
- Aviation Education Exhibition: Eight Institutes of Higher Learning will present their suite of aviation courses in Singapore. Visitors can find out the different higher education opportunities in aviation, to provide them a head start in an aviation career.
- Career and Education Talks: Aviation industry experts will share their personal experiences in their aviation careers, as well as provide practical advice to students and job seekers on embarking on a career or education in aviation.
- Recruitment Fair: This fair, held in partnership with the Employment and Employability Institute (e2i), will see pre-registered applicants attend on-site interviews with aviation companies to potentially secure a job. More than 400 pre-registered applicants are expected to attend interviews with 10 aviation companies. Collectively, these organisations have more than 300 job vacancies.
- Interactive Aviation-Themed Games and Trail: Visitors can try their hand at the activities lined up for them at the game stations, and participate in a daily lucky draw.
AOH 2015 is an integral part of CAAS’ year-long public outreach campaign to promote aviation careers. This includes the Heart of Aviation Explorer, a mobile exhibition bus, the Heart of Aviation Gallery, an aviation showcase which was set up in the heart of Orchard Road and the heartlands, as well as an upcoming integrated media campaign.
Admission to AOH 2015 is free and all are invited. More information is available at www.caas.gov.sg and www.facebook.com/WeareAviators.
1 The AOH will be open from 11am to 7pm on 13 and 14 Aug, and from 11am to 4pm on 15 Aug.
2 The MITRE Corporation (MITRE) is a not-for-profit organization that provides systems engineering, research and development, and information technology support to the U.S. government. In 2014, CAAS and MITRE signed a seven-year contract for MITRE to establish an advanced technology research laboratory, focused on Air Traffic Management (ATM) and office in Singapore.
Enclosed: Annex A – Aviation Open House 2015 Brochure
About the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS)
The mission of the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS) is to “Grow a safe, vibrant air hub and civil aviation system, making a key contribution to Singapore's success”. CAAS' roles are to oversee and promote safety in the aviation industry, develop the air hub and aviation industry, provide air navigation services, develop Singapore as a centre for aviation knowledge and training, and contribute to the development of international aviation.
For more information, please contact:
Ms Satwinder Kaur
Senior Assistant Director (Corporate Communications)
Tel: (65) 6541 2912
Ms Edna Lim
Assistant Manager (Corporate Communications)
Tel: (65) 6541 2085