Airport Fire Officers (AFO)
You will gain knowledge in various aspects of Aircraft Rescue and Fire-fighting (ARFF) operational tactics and equipment, incident management, training, safety and standards in accordance to ICAO Annex 14 and Doc 9137 (Airport Services Manual Part 1 - Rescue and Fire-fighting).
There are 4 modules in this programme:
Module 1: AFO Operational Tactics and Equipment
Module 2: AFO Incident Management
Module 3: AFO Training, Safety and Standards
Module 4: AFO Aircraft Rescue and Fire-fighting Exercises
At the end of the programme, you will be able to:
Who Should Attend
- effectively support fire station management
- execute effective incident management and crew assessments
- implement competency-based training and assessment programmes in an ARFF environment
- Apply appropriate procedures, safety standards and best practice in specific ARFF situations
This programme is recommended if you are an airport fire-fighter in a supervisory role.
- Completed some form of basic firemanship training; and
- Have at least two years of experience in ARFF/aerodrome operations or equivalent; or
- Supported/ recommended by his/her organisation that he/she is suitable for the course.
^Fees subject to change. Participants will be notified of the actual course fees in the course placement letter.
||5 Jun - 30 Jun 2023
| 4 weeks
|Mode of delivery
||Module 1: AFO Operational Tactics and Equipment, 19 - 23 Jun
Module 2: AFO Incident Management, 12 - 16 Jun
Module 3: AFO Training, Safety and Standards, 5 - 9 Jun
Module 4: AFO Aircraft Rescue and Fire-fighting Exercises, 26 - 30 Jun
Find Out More