Applying for an Approval to Use a Qualified FSTD
Having obtained an initial Certificate of Qualification for the FSTD, you would now have to apply for an Approval to Use the FSTD for specific purposes.
Please include the following information in your application:
- Completed CAAS(FO)71 / FSTD 01 – Application for Qualification and/or Approval to Use a Flight Simulation Training Device (FSTD)
- The relevant segments of the approved training programme or the specific tasks, or both, to be conducted in the FSTD. (An approved training programme refers to a programme that is approved by the Director-General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) under the applicant’s operations manual or training manuals, or both);
- A gap analysis report containing the differences between the FSTD and the applicant’s aircraft/equipment. The report must also include proposed mitigations to address the differences.
- A valid Certificate of Qualifcation of the FSTD.
- Any other documents or records that support the grant of an Approval to Use a qualified FSTD.
Submit your application not less than 60 days, prior to the expiry of the Approval to Use a Qualified FSTD, to provide time for a recurrent evaluation by CAAS.
The Approval to Use a Qualified FSTD is valid for up to 12 months from the date specified in it.
However, the validity is contingent upon:
- the validity of the Certificate of Qualification of FSTD; and
- the holder of the Approval to Use a qualified FSTD complying with the limitations and conditions under the Certificate of Qualification and the Approval to Use.
Note: You can apply for a renewal of the Approval to Use a Qualified FSTD using the same form (FO)71/ FTSD 01.